You probably know the tv show “Who wants to be a millionaire”. Lately I’ve been invited at the graduation party of a friend, and thought about creating a game for it.
So I decided to create a HTML5 simulation of WWTBAB, complete with webcam support, sounds and introduction video. It has been quite fun, and I’ve been releasing the code on github.
Questions are hardcoded in the index.html file, but it’s trivial to modify them. Recently I’ve added support for images in questions.
I really don’t know if someone can actually make use of it, but who knows?
Just a quick overview about the keys used to control the simulation:
- [Left arrow] – to skip to next step (video is not skippable by now)
- [Down arrow] – to unveil the next answer
- [A,B,C,D] – to highlight the selected answer
- [Y,N] – when an answer is highlighted, Y makes it correct, N makes it wrong
- [F] – to switch between the default background or the webcam image
- [P] – to flash the background to induce some suspance